OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Regular data charges will apply to entrants who choose to use a mobile device to enter the Contest. Please contact your service provider for a list of prices, fees and service plan information before participating with a mobile device.
The On Your Feet Challenge Contest (the “Contest“) is conducted by the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS, hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor“) and Sports Chek, SÉPAQ and École Nationale de l’humour] (hereinafter referred to as the ” Prize Providers”). “) and will be interpreted and evaluated in accordance with applicable Canadian law. The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Do not enter the Contest if you are not a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence. The Contest is void in whole or in part outside the jurisdiction(s) expressly mentioned above and where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and their binding force.
- To be eligible for the Contest, an individual must be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, prize suppliers and their affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies and advertising and promotional agencies and any other person or entity involved in the development, production or implementation are prohibited, the administration or performance of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties “), as well as members of the household (family or unrelated) or immediate family of the Contest Parties, to participate in the Contest. For the purposes of these Regulations, “immediate family” means the husband, wife, common-law partner, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person, whether or not they live in the same domicile as the person.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor, which may include, but is not limited to, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purpose of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Contest; (ii) for the purpose of verifying the eligibility or legitimacy of any entry or other information provided (or purported to be provided) in connection with the Contest; or (iii) for any other reason that the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the Contest in accordance with its interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor and within the time specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. All information, personal and otherwise, requested and collected by the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest must be true, complete and accurate and may not be misleading in any way. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry or entrant if an entrant has provided, at any stage, any information, personal or otherwise, that is false, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading.
- CONTEST PERIOD.
The Contest begins on October 16 2023 at 00:00 EDT and ends on November 10 2023 to 23:59 EDT (the “Contest Period“).
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE.
- Visit the defiactivetespieds.ca website.
Complete the registration form and record at least one trip between October 16 and November 10, 2023.
Participants who have made at least one trip and registered them on the Active Your Feet Challenge web platform are eligible for the draw as part of this campaign. The Canadian Cancer Society reserves the right to verify the participant’s identity as a student of participating schools. If the winner does not meet the contest criteria, another name will be drawn.
A team can only create one account on the web platform.
- School Registration
To participate, you must first register your school. Once registration is complete, you will have access to an account where you will find all the necessary information for your participation in the Challenge.
Participants can form a team with their class, group of friends, family, etc. Once the team is formed, the team leader registers it and sets his goal.
Record your daily kilometres on the portal, track your team and school’s progress through Canada, view team rankings, earn badges and get a chance to win the grand prize.
- No registration, fundraising or donation necessary: No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
To obtain one or more contest entries without registering and without raising funds or making a donation, you must write in block letters your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code) and age on a plain white piece of paper, sign it and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage), along with a unique and original text of 50 words or more (the “Text”) on the subject of active transportation, to the following address Canadian Cancer Society 5151 Assomption Blvd. Montreal, Quebec H1T 4A9 (the “Application”). Upon receipt of your valid Application sent and received in accordance with these rules, you will be eligible to receive one (1) Contest entry per unique and original text per envelope with sufficient Canadian postage. To be eligible, any Application you send must: (i) be received separately in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple applications sent in the same envelope will be rejected); and (ii) be postmarked during the Contest Period and received prior to the Draw Date (as defined in these Contest Rules).
- OTHER RULES OF PARTICIPATION.
There is no limit on the number of entries per participant (regardless of the means of participation). If the Contest Sponsor becomes aware (through evidence or other information made available to Contest Sponsor or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that an individual has attempted to use different names, identities or email addresses, automated or robotic systems or programs, macro instructions, scripts or any other system, program or means not consistent with the interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules by the Contest Sponsor Contest In order to enter, otherwise participate in, or interfere with the operation of the Contest, such person may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified from the Contest (if disqualified, his/her entry(s) will be void).
The Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties“) are not responsible for, and disclaim all liability for, late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries, applications, donations and other information received (all of which are void).
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person associated with an entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to consider the entrant to be the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. In this Policy, an “authorized account holder” of an email address means the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with that email address. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with his/her entry.
There are three (3) prizes available to be won ( the “prize” and collectively the “prizes”). The approximate retail value and details of each prize are set out in Appendix A of these Rules. The difference between the actual and approximate retail values will not be discounted under any circumstances.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following terms and conditions apply to each prize : (i) the prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash (except as expressly permitted by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) no exchange is permitted except at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor; (iii) the cost of anything not explicitly and specifically designated herein as included in the prize is the sole and entire responsibility of the confirmed winner; (iv) if the confirmed winner does not use any portion or portions of his/her prize, then such unused portions may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be lost in their entirety and, in such event, there will be no substitute for them; (v) the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of its prize or any component thereof; and (b) replace its prize or any of its components, for any reason, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, and exclusively at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, a cash prize; and (vi) by accepting the prize , the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Sponsor and other released parties if his/her prize or any component thereof is found to be unsatisfactory in whole or in part.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any delays, postponements, suspensions, schedule changes or cancellations of any portion of a Prize for any reason. Neither a confirmed winner nor any other person or entity will be compensated for any delay, cancellation or any other event described herein.
The Released Parties make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the quality or suitability of any prize awarded in the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he/she may not seek a refund or seek any legal or equitable remedy, whether from the Contest Sponsor or other released parties, if his/her prize is not suitable for his/her use or is in any way unsatisfactory. To ensure clarity and for the avoidance of doubt, by accepting a prize , each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Sponsor and any other released party if his/her prize or any component thereof is not satisfactory, in whole or in part.
- SELECTION OF ELIGIBLE WINNER.
Three (3) Eligible winners will be selected as follows:
- The likelihood of being selected as a potential winner will depend on the number of eligible entries sent and received in accordance with these Rules. In Montreal, Quebec, on November 14 2023 at approximately 1:00 p.m. EDT (the “Draw Date“), all eligible entries will be extracted and three (3) Potential winners will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries sent and received in accordance with these Rules. The prizes will be drawn in the order indicated in Appendix A of these rules.
- After the Draw Date, the Contest Sponsor or its designated representatives will make at least two (2) attempts to contact each Eligible Winner by telephone or email during the fourteen (14) day period (the ” Communication Period”). “) immediately following the date of the draw. Once an eligible winner has received the notification, he/she will be required to respond by phone or email using the contact information provided in the notification. The Contest Sponsor must receive a response from each eligible winner no later than 4:00 p.m. EDT on the mandatory response date indicated in the notice. If a potential winner fails to comply withthese Rules, he/she may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. In such event, he/she will not receive his/her prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected for the relevant prize from among the remaining eligible entries, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor or its representatives will then attempt to contact the other potential winner for a response, or they may also be disqualified in the same manner (adjusting the deadlines accordingly, including the communication period). The Contest Sponsor and other Released Parties are not responsible if, for any reason, an Eligible Winner does not receive notification or the Contest Sponsor does not receive a response from an Eligible Winner.
- Before being declared a confirmed winner, each eligible potential winner will be required to answer, without assistance of any kind (mechanical or otherwise) and within a specified period of time, a mathematical skill-testing question that will be asked during a scheduled telephone call and must comply with the Contest Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer another competency test as it deems appropriate in the circumstances or to comply with applicable laws. No entrant will be declared a winner until the Contest Sponsor has officially confirmed that he/she is the winner in accordance with the Contest Rules.
- Once declared a confirmed winner, each confirmed winner will not be eligible to participate in any other contests organized in Canada by the Contest Sponsor or the prize suppliers until October 1s t2024.
- Each confirmed winner will be required to sign a legal agreement and a release form (the “Release Form“) confirming that he/she:
- Is eligible for the contest and complieswith these rules.
- Accessto the price as awarded.
- Releases the Contest Sponsor and other released parties from any and all losses, injuries, damages, costs or expenses arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize or any part thereof. Prizes, including, but not limited to, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injury, death, damage, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or confidentiality, defamation, misrepresentation or any third party claim arising therefrom.
- Grants the Contest Sponsor and the Prize Providers the unlimited right, at the Contest Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or reuse his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any media now known or hereafter devised for activities in connection with the Contest, its promotion and exploitation.
- The signed Release Form must be returned within five (5) business days of confirmation of the winner, failing which the selected potential winner may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified and his/her prize will be forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANT.
By entering the Contest, each entrant releases each of the Released Parties from any liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by the entrant, an Released Party or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to property arising out of the Contest, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in the contest, breach of these rules or any activity related to the prize. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any claims made by third parties in connection with the Contest without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, requests, donations, notices, responses, response requests and release forms, or for telephone service, hardware, software or other technical failures that may occur, including, without limitation, those that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a contest entry. The Released Parties are not responsible for any erroneous or inaccurate information, whether caused by materials or programming associated with the Contest or used in connection with the Contest or by technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication line failures, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, requests, donations or other information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical failures of any network or telephone line caused by technical or other problems. The Released Parties are not responsible if any person is incorrectly or erroneously identified as a winner or eligible winner.
- The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage caused to any entrant, person or entity in connection with or arising out of participation or attempted participation in the Contest. The entrant assumes responsibility for any injuries caused or deemed to have been caused by his/her participation in the Contest or by acceptance, possession, use or non-receipt of the Prize or any part thereof. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest is unable to run as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor, such as hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or an incident affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules, which will be posted on the defiactivetespieds.ca website during the Contest Period. Each entrant also agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final, binding and binding in all respects. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has: (i) violated the Contest Rules; (ii) defrauded or attempted to defraud the Contest entry process or the operation of the Contest; or (iii) acted in an unfair or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person.
ANY PERSON ACTING IN A MANNER THAT THE CONTEST SPONSOR DEEMS INCONSISTENT WITH ITS INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND SPIRIT OF THESE RULES, FOR ANY REASON, MAY AT ANY TIME BE DISQUALIFIED AT THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR.
WARNING: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR TO INTERFERE WITH THE PROPER CONDUCT OF THE CONTEST MAY VIOLATE THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL CODES. WHERE APPLICABLE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF AND TO PURSUE DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
By entering the Contest, the entrant:
- Grants the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number and email address (his/her “Personal Information“) for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, without limitation, to communicate with the Eligible Winner.
- Acknowledges that the Contest Sponsor may disclose his/her personal information to third party representatives and service providers in connection with any of the activities referred to in section (a) above.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
All intellectual property, including, without limitation, trademarks, trade names, logos, graphic design elements, publicity materials, web pages, source code, designs, illustrations, slogans and statements are the property of the Contest Sponsor, prize suppliers and their affiliates. All rights reserved. The unauthorized reproduction or use of any element protected by copyright or intellectual property right without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION AND MODIFICATIONS.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie“), to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest (or amend these Rules) in any way whatsoever for reasons beyond its control that would interfere with the proper conduct of the Contest in accordance with these Rules. which may include, but is not limited to, error, problem, computer virus, bug, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind.
The Contest Sponsor also reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie du Québec, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest or to modify these Contest Rules, in any way whatsoever, without notice or obligation, should an accident, printing, administrative error or any other type of error occur, or for any other reason.
In addition, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie du Québec, to adjust the dates, deadlines or other mechanisms of the Contest described in these Contest Rules, to the extent it deems necessary, in order to verify the compliance of any entrant, entry, application, donation or other information with these Rules, as a result of technical or other problems, in light of any circumstance that, in his sole and absolute discretion, interferes with the proper administration of the Contest as provided for in these Rules or for any other reason.
- GOVERNING LAW.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all matters and questions relating to the development, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, the Contest Sponsor and other Released Parties in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to any regulation or any jurisdictional or conflict-of-law provisions that would result in the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. The parties agree to grant exclusive jurisdiction and venue to the courts of Ontario in any action brought to enforce these Rules or related to these Rules or Contest.
For Quebec residents : Any litigation respecting the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a decision. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the sole purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
In the event of any discrepancy or contradiction between the terms and conditions of the English version of these Rules and the information or other statements contained in any other Contest document, including, without limitation, the French version of these Rules, television, print or online advertisements and instructions or interpretations regarding these Rules given by any representative of the Contest Sponsor, The terms of the English version of these Rules shall prevail and govern the Contest to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions. If any provision is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall remain in full force and effect and shall be construed in accordance with the Terms as if the invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision were not part of them.
APPENDIX A – PRICES
|Description of the prize||Number||Approximate Retail Value||Additional Terms|
|SÉPAQ – Aquarium du Québec: 1 virtual activity of your choice. This pass allows you to enjoy one hour in the virtual company of an educator for an education and interpretation activity||3 prizes||$105/price||The winner must book their virtual activity with the Aquarium sales department and provide this letter (prize) to the responsible employee. This letter is valid until November 14, 2024.|
|École nationale de l’humour : 30-40 minute comedy show including adaptation of content according to the clientele (age, language, etc.)||1 prize||1000$ (variable)||Secondary schools located in administrative regions 10 and 09 are not eligible for the prize|
|Sportium: gift card||1 prize||500$ (variable)||No|